Some of the imagery and video used on our website has been provided by Darryl Ward and Blackbox Photography Auckland. All credit for these images goes to them.
We apologise if any of the images on our website display in a way that a user finds offensive or inappropriate, including any cropping in any way of the heads or faces of any individual. Although every care has been taken during development, the responsive nature of the website's design can result in images displaying in an unanticipated and less–than–perfect manner. Every effort has been made to control and avoid this behaviour wherever possible.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The information we collect
Barnardos operates the domain www.barnardos.org.nz. As part of our operations, we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
- Personally identifiable information — This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or competitions. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
- Aggregated data — This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties apart from in the following circumstances:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised.
- The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- If we have asked your prior permission (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
Credit Card Payments
Barnardos New Zealand uses Bambora, a secure PCI-compliant third-party credit card processor to handle credit card payments made through this site.
Credit Card Payment Security
Your credit card number is sent in encrypted form to our credit card processor.
We use secure servers (SSL) and extra strong encryption. We protect your information using SSL protocol which encrypts all data transmitted over the internet, ensuring it cannot be read. You can check that the SSL is active by looking for the padlock icon in your browsers address bar.
It's important you protect against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. Ensure you logout when you have finished, especially if using a shared computer.
What about Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites.
A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt into certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can we change this policy?
No part of the Barnardos website, including images, photos, logos and the overall appearance of the site can be copied, reproduced or republished without prior written permission of the copyright holders.
Website Linking Policy
Linking to Barnardos website
We retain the right to withdraw links without explanation or notice if we perceive the link or site to be inappropriate.
Links from Barnardos website
All link requests should be made to web editor which will be carefully considered and evaluated.
Third party sites
Barnardos takes no responsibility for the content on third party websites and visitors access them at their own risk.
Your right to access your information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct this information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us at:
Level 2, 100 Tory Street
PO Box 6434